Try our concierge service! We know the reefs, boats, and local customs. We can arrange and advise about all the best diving based on your desire and skill level.
We have twice daily boat trips everyday. We work with eight different boats in the area so, based on your requirements such as departure time, reefs or wrecks, experience level, snorkeling or diving, number of people in your party and equipment requirements, we can setup an exciting trip for your party. With two trips daily you can get two dives in the morning, have lunch and then enjoy two more dives in the afternoon. Boat sizes vary from six-packs (maximum of six passengers) up to 40 passengers and plenty in between. On Wreck dives the divemaster will tie up a down-line to the wreck. Drift dives allow you drift with current at your leisure. If you do not have a buddy the divemaster will buddy you up.
- Trip turnaround time is normally about 4 hours and departures are on-time.
- Trip ticket is for transportation only.
- Rental equipment is available from the shop or we can arrange to have it at the boat.
- Transportation to and from the boat is the customer’s responsibility.
- The boats can recommend parking locations. In some cases parking meters may be involved.
- You will be required to sign an Assumption of Risk and Liability waiver before departure.
- Travel time to the first dive site usually takes less than 30 minutes.
- You hear a safety briefing and a report of present conditions at each dive site.
- Each Captain is U.S. Coast Guard certified and has dived the area for many years.
- Boats carrying more than six divers will have a divemaster/mate.
- Divemasters work for tips. If they do a good job 10 – 15% tip is recommended.
- The divemaster does not go in the water with you. If you require guided tours it is an additional fee.
- All boats carry marine radio, cell phone, first aid supplies and emergency oxygen on board.
- All boats provide ice and drinking water. Some boats also provide free sodas and snacks.
- All boats have an emergency marine head (toilet) on board.
- All boats have a limited volume freshwater rinse on board.
- All boats have mask buckets and camera buckets upon request.
- Sport trips include two dive sites (usually a wreck and reef, or two reefs).
- Wreck dives are usually made using a buoyed decent line attached to the wreck.
- Reef dives are usually drift style, and Florida law requires a dive flag/float and line for each dive team. Boats will provide free dive flag/float and line.
- You determine your dive profile, however divers may be asked to be back on the boat in an hour.
- Usual minimum surface intervals are 30 minutes for Nitrox divers and 1 hour for air divers, but varies depending upon depths of first and second dive.
- Depending on the circumstances, some captains allow solo diving for very experienced and properly equipped divers.
- The boats require a 24-hour cancellation notice for refund.
- Payment is required when making the reservation.
- The boat captain will be the only one to determine if a trip will go or not go.
Surface and Water Temperatures
Our temperatures are nice enough year round round to be called endless summers. Wetsuits are optional for most of the year. The locals prefer 3mm suits during the winter months. The quarry divers from the North like to make fun of us. We do not suffer thermoclines because of the Gulf Stream. This means that our water typically maintains a consistent temperature top to bottom.
However, during the winter months it is a good idea to bring something to wear over your wetsuit between dives. While a wetsuit is nice in the water, it will evaporate the water on the surface. Add a little wind and this makes for chilling experience.